- several variants of dynamic nuclear polarization (DNP)
- optical pumping
- quantum-rotor-induced polarization
- parahydrogen-induced polarization
- diamond magnetometry
and key applications such as clinical imaging, materials science, and molecular structure determination.
The HYP18 conference is an activity of the Hyperpolarization subdivision of the Groupement Ampère.
HYP18 follows on from a series of conferences on DNP:
- Nottingham, UK (2007)
- Königstein, Germany (2009)
- Lausanne, Switzerland (2011)
- Copenhagen, Denmark (2013)
- Egmond aan Zee, The Netherlands (2015)
HYP18 has a broader scope and intends to promote interactions and synergies between the full range of hyperpolarization technologies.